Sorry I haven’t been updating you on my time in Montana, but I’ve been kickin’ it and been really busy.Â This place is an outdoorsmen’s paradise.Â How anyone could spend more than a day in this place and deny the existance of God is unfathomable.
I arrived with the beginnings of a head and chest cold, so that really slowed me andÂ paralyzed my planning.Â I’ve been winging it andÂ Â so far, I have:
- Hiked 10 miles to Iceberg Lake (yes, there were a few even in late August)
- Fished on Upper Stillwater Lake for Lake Trout, Pike and Perch
- Hiked 5 miles to Avalanche Lake
- Hiked 12 miles along the Highline Trail (which I believe is a section of the CDT)
- Hiked 6 miles to Hidden Lake near Logan Pass
I’ll catch you up in detail, including pictures, a bit later I promise.Â I’m finishing packing my backpack for an overnight at Lincoln Lake tonight, 8 miles in.Â I’ve got to stop at the outfitter on the way to the park this morning to pick up a for extra things for my first night out in grizzly country.
The best way to track me on this trip is byÂ Twitter.Â I post a little something there most days.
- Hiked 16 miles roundtrip to overnight at Lincoln Lake
- Hike 24 miles roundtrip to overnight at Grace Lake with my friend Dave
I promise, promise, promise, I’m working on getting the photos ready from this trip and a few writeups.Â Be patient, it’s worth the wait!